Adding Insult to Injury

Author: TS / Labels: , , , , ,

The Internet is awesome. There are so many cool and helpful things to find. What I absolutely don't like, however, are status messages. No matter where: Twitter, Facebook, Studi/Schüler/MeinVZ...

Why do I hate it so badly? Telling people what you do may be cool if you need attention but it can really hurt. Best example is telling others that you passed your test (or even better show how awesome you are by stating that ypu got an A/1 etc.) if these others failed and have to read your praise. You know, there are many people whose future might depend on one single grade and I doubt that they're pretty happy to see how many people have passed.

Fortunately, it hasn't happened to me a long time. But when it will happen again I will be pissed again because I'm not such a person filled with charity who can be so hipocritically (does that word even exist?) happy for others when I'm down and feeling stupid as hell.

8 comments:

Sina said...

Hey there,
I looked it up and the word does actually excist. You're lucky!
You know what else pisses me of? You can't put away messages at studiVZ (etc) that last longer than 24 hours. When I was away for 6 days, I received 35 messages of people asking me where I am and why the hell I do not answer... Or even if they recognize they start asking you how you dare to be away... Do I have to be available all day long? NO! F*** off...

TS said...

You mean that there is no option to show a message for a longer period of time? Would be a good idea. Maybe you can write that to the Hilfekasten at StudiVZ ;) Or you post it on your own wall that you're gone..

But it is really stupid that people ask such things... Hello? The Internet is just a means to communicate. It's not a prison where you have to be 24/7... at least not yet^^ Sometimes I fear that will be the case sometime...

Sina said...

You know perfectly well that sending a message to the Hilfekasten would be just a waste of time...
Sometimes it's even useful that you can communicate with it 24/7... I would have great trouble sometimes without...
It actually IS this prison, I think. Just think about all the things you have (!) to do online. And I don't mean just all the university stuff...

TS said...

On the side I'm thankful that I have this appartment on the other side I'm not. I know that I'm addicted myself. My laptop is running all day long, in case somebody does write (something important). Fortunately, it is free.

I don't know. But yes: everything works via the Internet today even simple things like getting to know people or arranging meetings... oh hell... ouch...

Sina said...

My laptop does also run all day long, but it's PC, TV and music box all in one ;) Oftern times I cut off the internet to have some peace...
Meetings are not kust organised via the internet, they all take place there. Just think off all the big companies etc
By the way: What is a "sapperlot"? I do not want to ask google for help ;)

TS said...

Sapperlot means something like "Ja, mei" "Isses denn möglich" "Meine Fresse"... something like that :D

No, I have the internet running all day long... even at home where energy isn't free^^

Sina said...

Thanks for everything! Really thanks a lot... I brought the "thing" to the Anglistik yesterday... Now I will finally have some kind of holiday...

TS said...

I hope Küchi likes it and won't bitch around too much...

Post a Comment

This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates